[ROM] SOS X/N | 2.0.9
DOWNLOADS: SOSX/N – Download Page
SOS X and SOS N have both been updated to version 2.0.9. The big changes include:
- Status bar 24 hour clock and GPS icons fixed
- SOS Tweaks renamed to Tweaks
- SOS N: All fixes have been included
The most noticeable update in the ROM will be during installation. Team Swag has incorporated the AROMA Installer. For those unaware, AROMA Installer allows users to selectively install mods/themes/kernels/app/scripts and even ROM versions during ROM installation.
This means that both the DEODEX and ODEX versions of SOS X and SOS N have been included in one handy package. There have also been many modifications that you can also choose from.
This has increased the ROM size substantially to nearly 300MB. Remember, not all of these files will be installed and the installed footprint is even smaller than the last update.
In addition to watching the YouTube video below, you may want to check out the step-by-step directions I have added over at the XDA thread.
PLEASE READ/WATCH THESE INSTRUCTIONS THE FIRST TIME YOU INSTALL SOS 2.0.9+
If you are using 2.0.7 or higher, you don’t need to wipe anything. If you are using 2.0.1 or lower or another ROM, wipe everything. Got it? Good.
Team Swag highly recommends using SOS as your phone ROM. However, if you like booting SOS from the SD card using Boot Manager, follow these instructions:
- Back up your current phone ROM in recovery (i.e. make a nandroid backup)
- Wipe your phone (if necessary) and install SOS X/N with your favorite setup
- Let the phone boot up and settle down, then reboot into recovery again
- Make a nandroid backup of SOS that includes system, data and boot partitions
- Wipe your phone and restore your phone ROM, reboot into your phone ROM
- Now, go into Boot Manager, select an open slot, choose Restore Nandroid (then find the nandroid)
- Wait for the installation complete and enjoy SOS from the SD card!
Please report all bugs in the XDA thread or in the comments below. I know there are going to be a few lingering bugs so make sure you report them to Team Swag.
Also, feel free to requests other features that should be added to SOS’s AROMA Installer.
P.S.: Feel free to ask questions in the comments or at XDA. Good luck everybody!!